DIY Tinsel Ornaments
I’ve been on an ornament making binge this Christmas and for my latest idea I’m taking traditional tinsel garland off the tree and onto an ornament! I love finding ways to give new life to old things, and tinsel garland on its own is a bit dated. But these DIY tinsel garland ornaments are sparkly, fluffy balls of fun! Paired with a bright colored ribbon they look modern and fresh.
Oh, and did I mention I made them with a 99 cent roll of garland (Walmart has them in several colors!)? Doesn’t get much better than that!
These large ornaments are fun to sprinkle in among your traditional ornaments. You just need a few supplies to make these fun additions to your tree. Read on to see how!
Supplies for DIY Tinsel Ornaments
- Tinsel garland (I found mine at Walmart for 99 cents for 15 ft!)
- Foam balls (I used 3 inch and 4 inch balls)
- Hot glue
How to Make Tinsel Garland Ornaments
1. Add a dab of hot glue to the top of the foam ball and press in garland. Start wrapping the tinsel around the ball by adding a bead of hot glue and pressing the tinsel on top of it.
2. Continue wrapping the tinsel around the ball, making sure to wrap it close enough so that none of the styrofoam shows through. Use a generous bead of hot glue so that the tinsel sticks securely.
4. Hang on your tree and watch it sparkle with all the light bouncing off it it!
Check out these other DIY ornament ideas!
- Painted paper mache ornaments
- Stenciled wood slice ornaments
- Stenciled snowflake ornaments
- Glitter ball ornaments
- DIY kids ornaments – the ultimate guide!