Duct Tape Decorated Garden HoseMay 15, 2015 | FILED UNDER: Kids Crafts, Summer
A garden hose isn’t the prettiest thing to look at in your yard. In fact, it can be an eyesore don’t you think? I decided it was prime for a Design Improvised makeover!
I used colorful Scotch duct tape to decorate the hose….and sprayer as well!
Then I hooked it up to the LiquaFeed® Universal Feeder, which screws right into the spigot and turns any hose connection into a plant feeder. I’ve used Miracle-Gro® on my flowers for years. It was my secret for my amazingly lush planters on our Chicago roof deck!
I was excited to try out this new device because I’ve always used the granular Miracle-Gro® that you mix into a watering can. However this LiquaFeed® Universal Feeder cuts out that step by instantly feeding as you water with the flip of a switch. Pretty cool, right?
It allows me to feed the flowers in our landscaping as well as the potted flowers I have on our patio.
Supplies for Duct Tape Decorated Garden Hose
- Short garden hose (mine was 15 feet long)
- Scotch Duct Tape (I used Blue Turquoise, Green Apple, Tangerine Orange, and Hot Pink)
How to Make Duct Tape Decorated Garden Hose
1. Cut a number of strips of duct tape long enough to wrap around your hose with some overlap. Before putting any tape on the hose, I first 4 strips of each color and hung them on the edge of a table to easily grab and stick onto the hose. This will save you time!
2. Wrap the tape around the hose, one piece at a time. Pull it taut so that it is wrapped firmly around the hose. Note that it won’t be completely smooth and wrinkle free – that’s ok! It will still look really cool!
3. Keeping adding more tape, slightly overlapping each piece with the one above it. I added 12 strips of tape, then left a gap in the hose before adding 12 more strips of tape in the same color pattern. You can do whatever pattern and coverage you like. Tip – leaving gaps in the hose saves you time! 😉
It took me a little over an hour to decorate this 15 foot long hose. But it looks so much more fun than when I started! FYI – if your scissors get sticky from the tape, a little Goo Gone will do the trick.
I love the unexpected pop of color this brings to the garden!
Now you can water and feed your garden at the same time with almost any device. The Miracle-Gro® LiquaFeed® Universal Feeder connects to the spigot and allows you to easily feed your plants for a beautiful garden all season long.
Miracle-Gro® sponsored this blog post. The opinions and text are all mine.