Make a Pom-Pom Snowball Wreath!November 15, 2016 | FILED UNDER: Wreaths, Pom-Poms, Christmas
Are you ready to dive into Christmas crafting? It might be a high of 85 in San Antonio today, but it’s snowing indoors thanks to this pom-pom snowball wreath! Even if I’ll never see real snow here in south Texas, I can at least make it in pom-pom form. 🙂 I made this simple snowball wreath for our winter woodland themed mantel.
This post contains affiliate links. See my full disclosure.
This wreath is all about using a variety of white pom-poms in different sizes including craft pom-poms, yarn pom-poms, and even cotton balls to create a full-looking wreath. Other than making the yarn pom-poms, it is as simple as gluing them onto the wreath form!
Supplies for Pom-Pom Snowball Wreath
- Large foam wreath form
- Large white pom-poms
- Small white pom-poms
- White yarn
- Cotton balls
- Hot glue gun
How to Make a Pom-Pom Snowball Wreath
1. Make about 20 pom-poms out of yarn. Here is my step-by-step pom pom tutorial if you’ve never made one before. They are super easy to make!
2. Start by gluing the large craft pom-poms to the wreath with a generous dab of hot glue. Scatter them around the wreath, and don’t forget to add some to the sides of the wreath too!
3. Next add the yarn pom-poms with hot glue.
4. Finish by filling in the gaps between the large pom-poms with a variety of small pom-poms and even cotton balls if you want. Keep adding in pom-poms until you get the fullness you want!
5. Hang with a pretty ribbon and enjoy!
If you like this snowball wreath, then be sure to check out my other festive Christmas crafts!
This snowball wreath looks like the real deal but it is actually made from a variety of craft and yarn pom-poms!
- Make around 20 yarn pom-poms. You can follow my simple pom-pom tutorial.
- Add the yarn pom-poms around the styrofoam wreath with hot glue.
- Next add the large pom-poms, making sure to add them to the sides of the wreath as well.
- Fill in the remaining gaps with small pom-poms. You can even use cotton balls if you like. Add with hot glue.
- Hang your snowball wreath with a pretty ribbon.
This wreath looks especially pretty hung over a Christmas mantel!