15 Cool Cardboard Crafts
15 Cool Cardboard Crafts to Make from a Box
1. Burlap Storage Boxes via A Piece of Rainbow
2. Cardboard Circle Weaving via Hello Wonderful
A fun craft for kids and adults alike! I love how they used a mix of yarns and pom-poms in bright colors for the weaving. The cardboard is sturdy enough to stay flat as the yarn is wrapped around it.
3. Cardboard Wall Art via Design Improvised
I turned cardboard boxes into colorful and modern wall art for my craft room with the help of a pair of scissors and some craft paint! Wall art doesn’t get any cheaper than this! I chose triangles in different sizes because they are easy to freehand cut from cardboard.
4. 3D Cardboard Stars via A North Star in an Eastern Sky
These 3D stars require you to be more precise in your cutting and measuring than the wall art above, but they results are beautiful! Leave them natural brown or embellish them with craft paint.
5. Cardboard Clock via Heart and Made
Cardboard provides the perfect sturdy base to cover with fabric. What a pretty and easy way to make a clock!
6. Cardboard Tray via All Put Together
A sturdy box can make a beautiful tray. This is a great way to match your tray to your decor.
7. Yarn Wrapped Cardboard Letters via Kids Craft Room
These cardboard letters wrapped with yarn are such a fun room decoration for a child’s room. You can involve them in wrapping the yarn too so your arm doesn’t get too tired!
8. Back to School Homework Caddy via Aunt Peaches
Transform food boxes from your pantry into a chic desk organizer or homework caddy. Wrap it with colorful tape to make it look great and provide extra support.
9. Cardboard Lantern via Handmade Charlotte for Etsy
Would you ever believe these lanterns were made from cardboard? Talk about a transformation! The cardboard has been spray painted gold and the sides of the lanterns are a delicate tissue paper. This project is not for the faint of heart, but it sure is cool!
10. Fabric Covered Storage Boxes via Making Home Base
These fabric covered boxes look like you could have easily paid $50 for each of them at Pottery Barn! I love how a cardboard box can be transformed by fabric. The rope handles are a chic touch.
11. Cardboard Headboard via Stars for Streetlights
Now this is an awesome upcycle and a great way to save some money! You can make a custom headboard to match your decor with your favorite fabric.
12. Decoupage Jewelry Tray via Karen Kavett
Rather than fabric, this cardboard jewelry tray is decoupaged with paper napkins! Talk about an inexpensive craft that looks like a million bucks!
13. Shoe Rack via A Piece of Rainbow
Put cardboard to work by turning it into a functional shoe rack!
14. Yarn Love Sign via DIY Candy
I love the look of the cursive letters of this sign made from cardboard and wrapped with yarn. It is delicate but a fun way to add a little 3d texture to your wall art.
15. Cardboard Necklaces via Pocketful of Paint
These cardboard necklaces aren’t technically a home decor project, but they were too cool not to include! You could always improvise on this idea to make larger wall hanging versions of these!