DIY Pom-Pom Mouse PadJanuary 15, 2015 | FILED UNDER: Tabletop Decor, Pom-Poms
Because everyone needs their own pom-pom mouse pad, right?! I’m always on the hunt for more ways to use one of my favorite crafting supplies, and I came up with these colorful mouse pads to make as gifts. I made several for friends over the holidays, and of course had to make one for my desk too!
This post contains affiliate links. See our full disclosure.
Supplies for Pom-Pom Mouse Pad
- Cork trivet (mine was 7″ square and 1/2″ thick)
- Acrylic craft paint
- Letter stencil
- Pom poms (3/8″ – 1/2″ size)
- Foam brush
- Hot glue gun
Did you know that an inexpensive cork trivet makes the perfect mousepad? You can get them for a few dollars a piece and they come in both square and circle shapes.
How to Make Pom-Pom Mouse Pad
1. Cover the top and sides of your trivet with 2-3 coats of paint, letting dry between coats.
2. Use a second color of paint and a letter stencil to add your initial or monogram. I positioned mine in the bottom corner of my mouse pad. I taped it down with masking tape and used a small amount of paint on my foam brush with an up and down blotting motion.
3. Warm up your glue gun and run a bead of glue along the side of your mouse pad, about an inch or so at a time. Stick in your pom poms while the glue is still hot, and use the glue sparingly so it doesn’t ooze out of the sides. Work your way around the mouse pad and you’re done!
I’m pretty excited about the new addition to my desk… and when I’m not using it as a mouse pad, I can use it as a giant coaster. 🙂
If you like this pom-pom mouse pad then don’t miss these other pom-pom craft ideas!