Halloween Bat BalloonsSeptember 24, 2014 | FILED UNDER: Balloons, Halloween
Often times, the simpler the better. All it took was a pair of paper wings to transform these balloons into Halloween bats! I love that you can tell what they are without adding any further embellishment. Leaving them as just their silhouette keeps them modern and fresh.
Supplies for Bat Balloons
- Black 12″ helium grade latex balloons
- Black cardstock
- Bat wing template (this is optional – I freehand drew one and then used it as a template for the rest. You can find more options in Google Images)
- Double-sided tape
- Curling ribbon
How to Make Bat Balloons
1. Inflate your balloons with helium. If you want them to stay afloat for more than 6 hours, have your local party store fill them with Hi-Float which will make them last a couple days.
2. Trace a bat wing on card stock and cut it out to serve as the template for the rest of your bat wings. Cut out a pair of wings for each balloon. My wings were about 5 inches long. You don’t want them too long or they will weigh down the balloon.
3. Bend back the end of each wing to make a tab that will stick to the balloon and add a piece of double sided tape.
4. Stick a wing on each side of the balloon and you’re done!
Don’t miss out on these other Halloween Balloon Week ideas!
Photos of finished balloons by Amanda Raba Gentis.