Pom-Pom Balloons!June 26, 2013 | FILED UNDER: Uncategorized
These pom-pom balloons just might be my favorite DIY yet. Who would’ve thought that you could hot glue things onto a balloon without it popping? I figured it was worth a try. 🙂
Hot glue and balloons may sound like a precarious combination, but I promise you it works. I’ve made two bunches of these without a single balloon popping…and the results are so fun!going away party, but was having too much fun at the party to get any good photos of them. So I made another round the other day. It took 15 minutes. Especially if you have your own personal balloon tank. I always have one of these on hand! Here’s a secret: use your 40% off coupon at Michael’s to buy your balloon tank!
Supplies for Pom-Pom Balloons
- Clear latex balloons – I used clear as I liked being able to look through the balloon and see the pom-poms on the other side, but you could try any color
- Small pom-poms – I found some fun glitter pom-poms
- Hot glue – I used it on “low” setting just to be safe!
- Baker’s twine – I like using baker’s twine to string my balloons but you can also use curling ribbon
- Personal helium tank – this is optional, you can also have a party store inflate your balloons!
How to Make Pom-Pom BalloonsIt is as simple as putting a small dab of hot glue on a pom-pom and sticking it on the balloon! I used a variety of colors and stuck them on randomly until it was well covered.
If you’re looking for my tulle covered balloon tutorial, click here!
Photos by Annie Parish Photography