Yarn Embroidered Desk Accessories with The Container StoreMarch 19, 2015 | FILED UNDER: Uncategorized
These little sunbursts might be my favorite! So easy and happy looking.
For the wastebasket, I made a simple zigzag pattern with three different colors of yarn.
You can have fun playing around with different colors and thicknesses of yarn. For the stitches, I didn’t follow any guides, I just experimented and I recommend you do the same!
Supplies for DIY Yarn Embroidered Desk Accessories
- The Container Store Mesh Collection (currently on sale!)
- Darning needle (choose one that is thin enough to go through the holes easily)
How to Make Yarn Embroidered Desk Accessories
2. I made a diamond pattern around the middle and then added a running stitch and zig zag around the top and bottom of the cup in different colors of yarn.
3. For the magazine file sunbursts, I started in one hole and then made stitches at various lengths away from the center hole. I worked my way around in a circle and came back through the same center hole each time. If it becomes too hard to stick your need through the same hole, then you can use a hole right next to it. The main thing is that you want it to look like the stitches are all coming from a center point.
4. For the zigzag, I really just eyeballed the first row (in hot pink) and then spaced the subsequent rows 4 holes higher than the previous row.
My new desk accessories are right at home in my pink office! There is really no wrong way to do make these, so just have fun customizing them for your own space. If you’re skilled at needlepoint, you can probably come up with some much more impressive designs than I did. These just scratch the surface!