The Easiest DIY Christmas Bow WreathDecember 06, 2012 | FILED UNDER: Wreaths, Christmas
The Easiest DIY Christmas Bow Wreath
The holiday ideas keep coming on Design Improvised this week! This DIY Christmas Bow Wreath is a bow wreath that takes only 30 minutes and $15 or so to make. Talk about my kind of project – little money and time invested for big impact. A quick project deserves a quick post – there is not too much to this tutorial!
This post contains affiliate links. See my full disclosure.
Supplies for Bow Wreath
- Wreath form (I used a 14″ straw wreath. You could also use a styrofoam wreath)
- Lots of cheap bows (I used 3 packages of 30 bows at $2.50 each (90 bows total) for my 14″ wreath)
- Hot glue
How to Make a Bow Wreath
It is so simple, there are hardly any steps to lay out. All you do is peel the backing off the bow and stick to the wreath form. You can add a little dab of hot glue for extra hold. I actually kept the plastic wrap on my wreath form, thinking the bows would stick better to it than the straw. You could just peel off the backing and stick the bows straight on the wreath, but I would recommend adding a dab of hot glue to ensure they stay in place.
Keep going until you’ve covered the entire wreath form, making sure to cover the sides of the wreath as well.
And that’s it! If you don’t have a wreath on your door yet, this one is for you! It really only took about 30 minutes to make – a great project to do while catching up on your favorite show. 😉
Love making wreaths? Then you need this ebook!
You can make this simple DIY Christmas Bow wreath in under 30 minutes and under $15.
- Choose a variety of bow colors and sizes. I particularly love the look of matte bows if you can find them!
- Leave the clear plastic wrap on the straw wreath form. Peel the backing off the bow and add a dab of hot glue to give it extra hold. Stick it onto the wreath.
- Work your way around the wreath, covering the tops and sides with bows and overlapping slightly to give the wreath a full look.
- Hang your wreath with a ribbon and enjoy!
A 14" styrofoam wreath form would work great for this too! Look for matte (vs. shiny) gift bows to achieve a similar look as mine (I found mine at the craft store. They are hard to find online!)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.