Doily Stamped Napkins & Tea TowelsFebruary 06, 2015 | FILED UNDER: Valentine's Day, Paint
Supplies for Heart Doily Stamping
- Heart doilies (I used medium sized ones and small ones)
- Fabric paint (I prefer Martha Stewart Multi-Surface craft paints)
- Foam brushes
- Flour sack tea towels
- White cloth napkins
How to Stamp with Heart Doilies
1. Position your doily flat where you want to start stamping. Make sure you only have one doily – they stick together easily! Squeeze some paint onto a paper plate and then dip your foam brush into it, blotting it a couple times on the paper plate to remove excess paint. Start blotting the doily with paint using an up and down motion.
2. Once you start painting on the doily it does stick to the fabric a bit and hold itself in place pretty nicely, but you will want to hold it down with one hand to make sure it doesn’t shift while you are covering it in paint. Continue until all the holes are covered, being careful not to paint outside the outer edge of the doily!
3. Lift up the doily to reveal the pretty design! I recommend using a new doily each time you stamp as the paper can get warped from the paint. Clean any paint off your hands to avoid smudging the towel, grab another doily, and repeat! It’s a pretty foolproof and quick process for getting a pretty heart every time.
These tea towels would make a pretty gift bundled up with a pretty gift tag and doily slotted in!