Supplies for Wreath
- 12″ foam wreath form
- 100-150 regular sized cupcake liners / baking cups (Wilton makes an endless variety of colors and fun prints – the hardest part will be choosing from all of them. I purchased mine at Joann Crafts)
- 50-75 mini paper baking cups
- Hot glue
How to Make Wreath
1. Start by making a bunch of flowers – you’ll need around 50 flowers for the wreath. For each flower you’ll need 2 regular sized baking cups and one mini baking cup. Flatten them down (the colored / printed side of the cup should be facing up).
3. Grab from the bottom baking cup and pinch them all together.
4. While still pinching the bottom, fan out the top to make into an organic flower shape.
5. Once you’ve made plenty of flowers start gluing them onto your wreath with a dab of hot glue.
6. Continue working around the wreath. You want to avoid any of the wreath form showing through, but you also want to be careful not to crowd the flowers too close together or you’ll loose their pretty floral shape.
7. Don’t forget to cover the sides! You can fill in smaller gaps by scrunching up a single baking cup rather than using a full flower.
It might look time consuming, but the flowers are so simple to make that you can easily finish this project in under 2 hours.