Design Improvised Turns 2!January 07, 2013 | FILED UNDER: Uncategorized
This week marks the 2nd anniversary of Design Improvised! It is hard to believe two years have past since I wrote this first blog post. To say Year 2 was different than Year 1 would be an understatement! The biggest difference: I now have the same amount of readers in a single week as I did all of last year!
In 2012, I committed to improving my blog in a big way. I spent hours and hours attending online blogging classes (thanks Altitude Summit!), reading up on best practices and tips from other bloggers, and making tweaks to my blog every chance I got. The best part – I haved loved every minute of it! This year it became apparent to me that this blog represents everything I am passionate about and I want to do whatever I can to continue to make it an important part of my life!
2012 brought some exciting things to Design Improvised – here are the highlights:
- I wrote 130 new posts in 2012
- The blog got a new design (thanks to Kira from the blog Her New Leaf and CW Frosting Design Lab!)
- My readers had the chance to enter 6 great giveaways
- I am thrilled to now be a contributor to The Land of Nod’s blog, Honest to Nod
- I won a ticket to the first Alt Summit NYC design bloggers conference last August
- I got to visit the Martha Stewart headquarters and meet Weddings Editor Darcy Miller as part of the conference (a dream come true!)
- I had my first interview, first magazine article, and first guest post
- My parties were featured on Hostess with the Mostess and Project Nursery!
- I met a wealth of new blogging friends met through Alt Summit which has added a whole other layer of richness and community to my blogging endeavors.