Kids Week: Personalized Craft Supply BoxDecember 06, 2018 | FILED UNDER: Kids Crafts
Potential Items to Include in a Kids Craft Supply Box
- Project Storage Box – Giving the child a box to store their supplies in is a great place to start. I absolutely love this sturdy 12″ by 12″ clear project box with handle. It is fun to be able to see the supplies inside! I found this one at Hobby Lobby and used my 40% off coupon.
- Paper Mache Letter – As you know, I love any kind of paper mache product because they are so easy to embellish with paint, glitter, or decoupage. They are especially great for kids’ projects because they are inexpensive and come in so many different shapes. We gave Delaney a “D” to personalize for her room, and a little heart box to fill with a treasure or two.
- Washi Tape – This pretty tape comes in every design and color under the sun. Kids love adding it to just about everything, and it is perfect for decorating your paper mache shapes with! I like it because it is easily removable and re-positionable if needed.
- Glitter Glue – So much less mess than real glitter, and (almost) as fun! Adds a pretty sparkle to any craft project.
- Gel Pens – Include something to draw with in your craft supply kit, whether it is markers, crayons, colored pencils, or these gel pens that my daughters love! They have a pretty sparkly sheen to them.
- Cardstock – Colored cardstock is a sturdier alternative to paper. I love Astrobrights‘ bold colors, which are perfect for kids crafts!
- Stickers – Is there a kid on this planet that doesn’t like stickers? They are certainly a staple in our house. Stella and Hazel have a shoebox full of them that they often dig through for craft projects. For Delaney’s box, I included some glittery heart stickers. Colorful letter stickers would be another great addition for crafting.
- Pipe Cleaners – Also called chenille stems or fuzzy sticks, these are a classic and can be bent into so many fun designs.
- Pom Poms – (Duh!) It is actually shocking that we didn’t include any pom-poms in Delaney’s craft supply box, because as you know they are my ultimate favorite craft supply! These glitter pom poms are especially pretty.
- Picture Frame – I love these wood frames for kids crafts. Not only can kids use them to showcase a drawing or other piece of art, they can also turn the frame into its own work of art by embellishing it with paint, markers, stickers, pom-poms, etc.
- Mini Easel – These little easels are also a fun way for kids to show off their projects. You can pair them with a mini canvas if you want.
Now if you’re in a pinch and don’t have the time to personally curate your own craft supply box, I have something just for you. My friends at Kid Made Modern make the most awesomely colorful craft kits on the planet, and their Arts & Crafts Library is one of my personal favorites. It turns out, it is one of Oprah’s favorites too because it made the Oprah’s Favorite Things List this year! This kit is jam-packed with supplies including fuzzy sticks, pom-poms, felt strips, beads, and sequins and comes in its own sturdy box with little compartments to keep it all organized:
More Kids Week Christmas Ideas!