Pumpkin Week: Pipe Cleaner PumpkinsOctober 14, 2018 | FILED UNDER: Holiday Crafts, Halloween
I also played around with cutting the pipe cleaners into small pieces and gluing them randomly around the pumpkin to look like confetti.
Supplies for Pipe Cleaner Pumpkins
- Faux or real pumpkins (I like the 9″ white faux pumpkins best!)
- Pipe cleaners / chenille stems (I used both regular sized and jumbo sized)
- Hot glue
How to Make Pipe Cleaner Pumpkins
1. Add a small dab of hot glue to the top of the pumpkin at the start of one of the crevices, and press the end of a pipe cleaner into the hot glue. Use the “low” setting on the hot glue to avoid burning your finger! I used thicker pipe cleaners for this pumpkin, but the regular width would work great as well!
3. Continue working around the pumpkin, covering each crevice with a pipe cleaner. I alternated between four different colors for mine.
4. For the confetti style pumpkin, cut regular width pipe cleaners into small pieces and add to the pumpkin with a small dab of hot glue on the back.
Thanks again for following along with Pumpkin Week! Which idea was your favorite? Let me know in the comments below!