Design Improvised’s Top Ten Posts of 2014December 31, 2014 | FILED UNDER: Uncategorized
10. Laundry room reveal – I transformed this blank wall in our laundry room into a command center of sorts and it is likely now the hardest working wall in our home! It has been invaluable in reigning in the girls shoes, coats, and dance and swimming gear. You can see the rest of my colorful laundry room project with The Land of Nod here!
9. Guest bedroom reveal – I had the opportunity to work on several fun decorating projects with hayneedle.com in 2014, and this room was one of my favorites. I love how the combination of mossy green and coral pink turned out…and that headboard! I’m glad you loved it just as much.
8. Creative Spaces magazine cover – having my office featured on the cover of Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking’s Creative Spaces magazine was definitely a highlight of my year, and such an honor! This post also ended up being a big traffic driver to my blog.
7. Toy Storage organization – it turns out you all love organizing. My pantry organization post was one of my top posts in 2013, and in 2014 my two posts on toy storage tips (Part 1 and Part 2) got a lot of love!
6. Flower purse – I made this purse for a themed garden party I attended at Alt Summit. With just a few faux flowers, a thrift store clutch, and some glue – I was surprised how pretty it turned out!
5. Embroidered baskets – this is one of my favorite crafts of the year, and I’m glad you all liked it too! I used brightly colored yarn to decorate thrift store baskets for a modern effect.
4. Coffee bar – the first stop I make every morning is right here. Having a special little spot in my kitchen dedicated to making coffee just makes me happy!
3. Kids art wall – This project doesn’t get much easier – a few pieces of twine and clothespins are all you need to turn a wall into a giant display of kids art!
2. Master bedroom reveal – of the different rooms I decorated in our new house this year, this one was the most popular. I’m glad you like bright colors and patterns as much as I do. 😉
1. Flower balloons – and balloons reign supreme again in 2014! This time it was these flower balloons I made from Martha Stewart cupcake wrappers and stickers. They would be the perfect balloon for a shower, little girl’s birthday, or Mother’s Day.
I love the challenge of crafting with balloons, and hope to bring you more in 2015! In the meantime, check out my balloon project gallery and my NYE confetti balloons!
This year I had the opportunity to partner with a fantastic photographer who shot several of the projects above – a big thanks to Candice Stringham for the beautiful photography!