Baker’s Twine PumpkinsOctober 20, 2014 | FILED UNDER: Halloween
Supplies for Twine Pumpkins
- Pumpkin with long stem
- Baker’s twine
- Glue gun
How to Make Twine Pumpkins
1. Start by cutting pieces of twine long enough to stretch from the stem to the bottom of the pumpkin. Cut enough for the ridges you want to decorate. Then add a small dab of hot glue to the base of the stem and press in one end of the twine (you may want it on warm setting to avoid burning your fingers!)
2. Glue the end of each piece of twine to the bottom of the pumpkin.
3. To wrap the twine around the stem, start at the base with a dab of glue. Press in the end of the twine, and add a few more small dabs of glue as you wrap the twine around the base.
4. Once you work your way up the stem you can keep wrapping the twine without adding any additional glue. Just use a finger to push each new row flush with the row below it so that the stem doesn’t show through.
5. Once you get the end of the stem cut the twine and secure in place with a dab of glue.
I like them both ways – with just the stem covered, or with some twine down the side as well. You could also try this with yarn. What do you think?