Halloween Glitter ArtOctober 12, 2013 | FILED UNDER: Halloween
Supplies for Halloween Art
How to Make Glitter Art
1. Print your template onto white cardstock (if needed, adjust the size of the template to fit your frame). Cut out and put on a paper plate.
2. Apply a layer of Mod Podge with your paint brush. Because Mod Podge dries really fast, I worked on a section of the template at a time rather than covering it all with Mod Podge at once:
3. Working quickly, sprinkle on a generous amount of glitter over the Mod Podge and then lift the template and tap against the paper plate to remove the excess glitter. (I like to put the template on another paper plate while I collect the excess glitter back into the bottle so none goes to waste!)
4. Repeat the Mod Podge and glitter steps working a section at a time until the template is covered with glitter. If there are some spots not entirely covered with glitter add a small dab of glue with your paint brush and sprinkle on more glitter.
5. Glue on your googly eyes and let dry completely. Then glue your glittered art onto another piece of cardstock and frame!
Once my girls saw me glittering they had to get in the action too. Warning: glitter in the hands of a 4 and 2 year old can be a disaster waiting to happen so it is a craft best done outside!