Halloween Door MatOctober 08, 2013 | FILED UNDER: Uncategorized
Supplies for Halloween Mat
- Basic black rug (can be purchased for under $10 at your local Target or hardware store. I used this rug)
- Large letter stencils (I used 7″ letter stencils from Office Max for $7)
- Craft paint (I used Martha Stewart satin multi-surface paint in white)
- Foam brush
- Masking tape
How to Make Halloween Mat
2. Pour a little craft paint onto a paper plate and apply to the rug with a foam brush with an up and down blotting motion. Hold down the stencil with your other hand to prevent any paint from seeping under the stencil.
3. Since the fabric in the rug soaks up the paint a bit, I gave it two coats, one after the other. Remove the stencils and let dry.
Hazel snuck into this photo, as is often the case if I try taking pictures while she is awake! I couldn’t resist sharing her cute tippy toes as she tries to reach for the door handle. 😉