“Hello Spring” Fabric ArtMarch 02, 2017 | FILED UNDER: Uncategorized
Supplies for Hello Spring Fabric Art
- Waverly Inspirations Fabric (similar to shown)
- Waverly Inspirations Chalk Paint (I used the Pool shade)
- vinyl letter stickers
- thrifted picture frame (Goodwill is a great source!)
- foam brush
- hot glue gun
- pinking shears or scissors
How to Make Hello Spring Fabric Art
1. Use your pinking shears or scissors to cut a piece of fabric to fit your frame. I cut mine to cover the picture that came with my frame, with an inch allowance around each of the sides. Iron out or steam any wrinkles in the fabric if needed.
2. Paint your frame with 2-3 coats of chalk paint, letting it dry to the touch between coats. The great thing about chalk paint is it goes on a variety of wood surfaces smoothly with no sanding or other prep needed.
3. Use the cardboard backing that came with your frame or cut a piece of cardboard or foam core to fit your frame. I ended up covering the landscape print that came wth my frame. To cover the cardboard, center it on top of your fabric, and then add a bead of hot glue along one side at a time. Fold the fabric over the hot glue, pulling taut. Repeat with the other sides.
4. Add the fabric-covered cardboard to the frame and secure in place. The back of my frame had the little wire staples that fold over and hold it in place.
5. Add stickers to the front of the frame to say “Hello Spring”! I like these particular vinyl stickers because they are easy to reposition if needed.