If you don’t have canvases on hand, you can purchase them at an art or craft supply store for only a few dollars a piece. Here’s everything you’ll need:
Supplies for Necklace Hangers
- Small canvases (mine had previously been painted blue for a past art project!)
- Pretty fabric (I used thicker home decor weight fabric)
- Staple gun
- Push pins
How to Make Necklace Hangers
This is the same process I used to create my fabric-covered inspiration boards – it takes just a few minutes with the help of a staple gun!
1. Cut fabric to fit the canvas, with an extra inch or two of fabric on each side.
2. Make sure the pattern on your fabric is aligned straight on the canvas. Then use your staple gun to staple the fabric to the canvas frame. I start by putting one staple on each side of the frame, pulling the fabric taut before stapling.
3. Fold in the corners nicely, cutting any extra fabric as needed in order to allow the fabric to lay flat. Secure with a staple or two. Repeat with the remaining corners.
4. Add additional staples around the frame and trim any extra fabric.